Saturday, December 5, 2009

Author Study- Scarecrow

 

By: Cynthia Rylant

I loved this book because of the imagery. When I was reading this, I could feel what the scarecrow was feeling, and I felt like I was looking at the world from his objective point of view. I really liked the concept of the scarecrow witnessing life, even though he is not alive and in reality is just a human creation. The feel of this book was very similar to another one of Cynthia Rylant's books that I blogged about: "All in a Day." It was the same feeling of enchantment, of simplicity, and of magic, all at the same time. Out of all of the books that I read by Cynthia Rylant, the illustrations in this one are my favorite. They really set a mood, and make me feel a sense of wonderment. There are so many great things that you could do with this book in a classroom, and I think this would also be a great book for talking about visualizing and mental images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment