Saturday, December 5, 2009

Author Study - All in a Day

By: Cynthia Rylant

I liked this book a lot and I think it really captured what Cynthia Rylant is about as an author in general. A lot of her books have to do with nature and the outdoors, and this book exemplifies that. I like this book in particular because it is not necessarily about anything in particular, but it still draws you in as a reader and makes you feel something. It made something very simple seem special and even magical to me. Her way of writing has a lot of visual power, and I really appreciate the simplicity. There is a lot of room for the reader to bring their own experiences and interpretations, and I think this read would be different for each reader. There is something very poetic about the language, and the illustrations really enhance the story and bring it to life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment