Saturday, September 26, 2009

I did it, I'm sorry

By: Caralyn Buehner 

I think that the format of this book was very creative and innovative. The book has several different simple moral scenarios, and then gives you choices (A,B,C, or D) about what you can do. The letter of the correct statement is hidden in the adjacent picture, and that is how you check your answer to see if you are correct. I think this is a great way to get children to think about the text and engage with the text, and there is lots of room for discussion, and it is fun for them to try to spot the letters in the picture. I liked the overall message of the book, and the lessons that are taught are reviewed and restated on the last page in a creative way (ex: never lie for a pie, like Pester McFly). I think this is a good book to have that children will enjoy reading. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment