Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Out of Sight: Pictures of Hidden Worlds

By: Seymour Simon

What struck me immediately about this book was the illustrations. They are so vivid and make you want to read on. This is a nonfiction books about things that you can see under a microscope. I am much more of a fiction reader myself, but I have been finding the importance of exploring other genres. This book definitely begs you to explore, and would be great for individual reading or reading workshops. It is definitely more on the challenging side for individual reading, especially for younger readers, however, it is aimed at an audience with an interest in science, so motivation would probably be high and I could see this being a good challenge. Also, just looking at the pictures and discussing them, without reading the text would still be beneficial!  I would keep this in mind to recommend to a child with an interest in science, or as a read aloud. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment